Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Getting the 'itch' again...

Ok, it has been 1.5 weeks since I have run and I have not taken that many days off from running in over a year! My feet are healing nicely with the skin slowly peeling off from the blisters. I will spare you the photos...

I actually feel like running again! I thought before the race one of two things would happen; I would never want to run again, or I would not be able to get enough! I am actually somewhere in-between.

I want to continue 'recovery' mode for a week or two more before I enter 'fitness' mode. I have to decide if I want to do a fall race or not which will determine the 'fitness' level I choose. It is tempting to try for a 'fast' marathon, but I really don't want to do the speed-work necessary. Besides that takes a lot of effort and I need to focus on other life issues instead. So, 4 mile runs seem pretty good right now. Maybe this weekend, I'll take one...

No comments: