Monday, March 23, 2009

Oh what a beautiful Morning!

What a great way to start a week of vacation! Denise and I started from Boston Store this morning at 8am for an 18 mile run together. A bit frosty at the beginning but when the sun rose high enough to shine into the valley, things were about as perfect as they could get! It felt so good to be outside with the sun hitting us, crisp air coursing through our lungs, and all of the sounds and sights of spring all around!

The 3 hours passed very quickly and I was encouraged that I felt as good as I did. It always feels good to run with Denise and we had a very nice time together. We cooled down a bit at Boston Store and headed back home via Hudson's First and Main. A cup of coffee from Caribou and some veggie wraps from Aladdin's for our post-run feast. Denise commented that we were "Hudson Hobos" with the perfume of 18 miles of running and wearing our running garb. We did not quite fit into the normal Hudson Decor...but, who cares?!

Showers and a quick nap and I can't wait for day #2!

2 comments:

Nick B said...

YOUR Monday sounds like many of my Fridays that I have off. Aladdin's is just to dang tempting not to go to. My favorite is the Hummos Falaffel Rolled Pita. You picked one heck of a good week in the weather category to have off! Keep enjoying it!

Jerry Williamson said...

Nick, That is EXACTLY what I had: Hummos Falaffel Roll! Very very tasty! That place could become a habit...