Wednesday, July 22, 2009

BR100 pre-race planning

Denise and I met JP and Maria tonight at Panera to discuss the Burning River 100 race-day plans. I am planning on pacing JP for the last 30-40 miles and we will show up at some earlier aid stations to help Maria crew JP. It was fun to discuss the plans for the day knowing full well that things will not go as planned! But JP has the contingency plans in place and we will see what the day throws at him! He is so ready for this!!!

I have been exploring the local trails and have discovered some great new ones at Liberty Park! Nice ledges and caves along with some great single-track. Summit County Metro Parks have been busy with trail building and I cannot wait for them to be finished! I want/need to borrow someone's garmin to see how to connect two the sections of the park together. I have not been brave enough to bush-whack my way to make my own connection. I would rather have a bird's-eye view first to see how close the two sections are. I think a spring FA in the park would be a fun thing to organize...

Summer is going fast and we have been enjoying the crazy-mild weather! I am sure that the hot-humid stuff is coming, probably in October! We are all running the Monastra 5K saturday in Hudson. I really don't like 5K races but this is for a good cause and it will be fun to have the entire family participating!

No comments: