Thursday, July 29, 2010

It is time....

Time to run the 2010 Burning River 100 Trail race.

July 31 seemed so far away last December when I registered. My how time flies...

Drop bags are packed. Clothing laid out. Race plan is ready to execute. Goals for the day are:
1) FINISH
2) Finish faster than my 2008 finish time of 26 hours 28 minutes.
3) A 24 hour finish would be very very nice... :)

Race plan is pretty simple: Keep moving, get in and out of the aid stations as fast as possible, and to keep smiling the entire day and night!

There will be a webcast that you can view to follow me around the course. I am bib #90. The Burning River 100 web site has course info and maps if you want to see where we will be running.

Time to get some sleep. I know that I will probably not sleep much tomorrow evening...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jerry on a great finish! I really would never want to run a hundred miles, but I have already gotten the trail bug and went for a brief one today. I've also read just about every post on the Burning 100 in the last twenty four hours. You did great. Greg Smith, the guy I paced for 10 miles, didn't finish, but made it for 70 which is 60 more than I could have ever done! Good seeing you. We should grab a well deserved beer sometime (for you) and catch up. Doug. dmackay@broadleafpartners.com.