Monday, February 21, 2011

Boot Camp: Day #1

I needed a boost, or a swift kick in the pants, in order to start to get some strength back into my core and upper body. Denise found a 'deal' on Living Social for a boot camp package. Today was my first day...

I used muscles that I forgot that I had...

It was a lot of fun and as someone in the class commented, "The hardest 45-minutes of the day!" I will go again Thursday and then start a Tue-Thur set for the remaining sessions. I think that it will be a good thing. I expect to be a bit sore tomorrow and really sore on Wednesday... The ole 48-hour DOMS will be in full force!

Had a good week of running. 42.5 miles total. Yesterday's 20-miles in Bedford Reservation went well. I managed to finish just before the snow/sleet/freezing rain started! I saw my friend Andy on the trail near the end of my run and it was good to catch up a bit with him. Last week's warmer weather was great change and it allowed almost all of the snow to melt from the trails. I am getting anxious for spring even though I know that there is a lot of winter left.

No comments: