Sunday, September 14, 2008

The next event: Work-a-thon

I have been asked several times what my next event is going to be: I am going to be spending a lot more time working! Boring, I know, but necessary. We have a lot of tasks to complete in a very short amount of time and the only way to achieve this will be to treat this as an ultra: "Relentless pursuit of forward motion!" Keep on checking tasks off of the list and move on to the next one. Just like aid-station to aid-station...

I realize that I need to keep running and I want to. I will stick to shorter 4-6 mile runs and focus on running them fast! I did not run much last week and I could feel it friday.. I was one huge bundle of nerves and stress... not good for my long-term sanity. Some would argue that my sanity left me a long time ago, but I think that you know what I mean.

I want/need to get some consistency back in my running. A random run here and there is worse than not running at all. I started this weekend with 7 miles in the rain yesterday and 5 today with Denise. I feel really good about running two days in a row and the distances are just right, given the current circumstances of life!

I printed the application for the "Running With Scissors" double marathon. This race is at the end of October and sounded like a fun excuse to train but not practical for this fall. Maybe next year...

I sit here listening to the remnants of Hurricane Ike blowing by outside. I cannot image what it would be like in a real hurricane! Northeast Ohio is not too bad after all...

Denise's training for Columbus Marathon is going well. She completed her 18 mile run Friday on the tow path in the pouring rain! A true "character run" for her. She was really glad to get the run out of the way and not have it hanging over her all weekend. We always try to make the weekend as family-friendly and efficient as possible, so having the long run completed friday made yesterday much less hectic.

No comments: