Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Thinking ahead...

to Thanksgiving!!!!

This photo was taken from our van as we returned home from NY last weekend! We wanted to stop and get apples from a road-side stand and I noticed something ahead in the ditch. Low and behold, these two turkeys came strutting out of the grapes and spread their tail feathers and proceeded to march two laps around our van! It was pretty cool to see these very ugly but beautiful birds up close.

Those of you that know me, know that I cannot sit still for too long. Well, it is time to plan some events. The preliminary list is:
  • Winter Buckeye Trail 50K
  • I assume that Lloyd will have his FA50K again in the Spring??
  • Mohican 50 miles?? in June
  • Maybe pace at Burning River 100 or at least volunteer, or both!! (Are you running JP?)
I am trying to get some more running in during the week for stress relief and it is feeling pretty good! I love this fall weather with the leaves turning colors and the crisp snap in the air. Too soon the snow will be flying, but that is ok. If the weather was constant all year-round, it would be a bit boring.

Gina ran well at her XC meeting tonight. They will run at Kendall Hills saturday morning. I am going to go down early and run myself before her meet starts. I'll change and then head south to visit my family. The "annual" get-together is this weekend and my aunt and uncle are having their 50th Wedding Anniversary too! It will be a great opportunity to see everyone again. There are not too many occasions where the entire family is together anymore. Not like it was growing up...

2 comments:

Kirk said...

I love the video and pics. I ran into your wife on monday while she was on her 21 mile training run. She had a hard pace going I think she'll beat the 4 hr mark easily this year. I'm going to run the winter 50 k also. What is your training plan? Anytime you want someone to run with I'm available anytime during the day and anytime on the weekends.

Kirk said...

Jerry I ran into your wife while she was running her 21 mile work out. I love video, great pics. I'm also going to run the winter 50k. How are you going to train for it and any time you want someone to run with on the trails or give me a call. Ill see y on the trails.