Friday, December 26, 2008

The day after Christmas

Since the weather was supposed to get warm and wet later, I decided to run earlier in the day while the ground was still frozen. I always struggle with where to go for my long runs and today I decided to once again, stick close to home and venture over towards Liberty Park. I meandered around the open field at the end of Post road and ventured over towards the park. I ran down behind the park along the ledges and the little waterfalls along there were quite nice with the frozen water cascading over them. To help pass the time as I ran and to keep track of everything I saw, I made up a little song: (to the tune of the twelve days of Christmas)

On the day after Christmas while running in the woods,
I saw a red fox jumping through the leaves.


On the day after Christmas while running in the woods,
I saw two red-tailed hawks and a red fox jumping through the leaves.


(I'll spare you the repetition and get to the items...)
  • three crows a cawing..
  • four little water-falls
  • five white-tailed deer
  • ran six miles with Denise( she called me as I was getting close to home and we ran together)
  • seven colors of the rainbow ( A rainbow appeared as a small sleet storm passed by! )

That's the end of my creativity...

Today was a good 3 hour run and I feel it! I wish I had a couple more of those this fall for the winter 50K but it will have to do. I will take race day easy and just finish. I will not PR like I did last year, that is for sure. The weather of course will be the wild-card, but that is what makes this race so fun.

This has been an awesome week of vacation and holidays! We have shared a lot of laughs together as a family and are ready to tackle 2009!

No comments: