Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I was tagged!

Thanks to Nick, via Clara, I was tagged. This means that a list of questions has been presented and I will attempt to answer them honestly and with SOS (spouse over shoulder!)

1. What was your 2008 running highlight and running low?
Highlight: Finishing my first 100 mile run, the Burning River 100. Honorable Mention: Sharing an awesome trail in the ADK with a 350lb black bear! I am not sure who scared who the most!
Low: Inconsistent running and lack of motivation this fall and early winter...

2. What race are you secretly planning on doing (or contemplating) for 2009 but haven't made it known to the public....until now?
Running w/Scissors double Marathon.
Actually, I am thinking of cutting out the Mohican 50 mile run...

3. Where would you like create and direct an ultra that (to your knowledge) none exists? Our family really enjoys the Adirondack Mountains and to my knowledge, there are very few trail running events up there.

4. What is your "primary" race for 2009? The "Forget the PR 50K" and doing whatever it takes to get JP across the Burning River 100 finish line in good enough condition for his wedding 2 weeks later!

5. What is the most exciting thing about your upcoming race schedule? That training for the races will help maintain my sanity in this crazy and unpredictable economy. Not planning for a huge event for 2009 will provide extra time and energy for me to spend time with my family on the trails. This will help to instill into my daughters a deeper love for the outdoors and help them connect with why fitness is so important to me and Denise.

6. List your planned races for 2009:
Winter Buckeye Trail 50K
Forget the PR 50K
Mohican 50 mile???
Volunteer/pace at Burning River 100
Running w/Scissors double Marathon.

No comments: