Sunday, August 22, 2010

100-Mile recovery...

...is taking me a long time! I have been able to complete some 4 and 5-mile runs these past couple of weeks. My feet feel much better however my left index toenail is hanging on by a thread. I wish it would just hurry up and fall off already...

Running feels good, I just get tired after 4 miles. The same kind of tired that 20 miles felt like. I am hopeful that at least I want to run, unlike 2 years ago where I did not even want to lace up the shoes.

I am also pleased with my nutrition post-race. I have not really changed anything from our normal vegetarian diet and I am pleased that I did not gain 10 pounds like last time. It is all good.

We took a hike today on the Salt Run trail at Kendall Hills to celebrate Denise's birthday and it was nice to get back onto the valley trails again, even if it was not for a run. We packed a lunch for after wards and was just hanging out when I looked in the sky behind us and saw nothing but big black clouds. We gathered our things and headed towards the car. Once inside, the sky opened up and the rain fell. Hard! It only lasted a few minutes, but I am glad that we were not caught out in it.

The girls are adjusting to the school routine. Hopefully, Denise and I will also...

No comments: