Friday, October 15, 2010

Sorry, it has been a while...

Wow! Time flies when, well, you know the rest...

I have been busy trying to catch up on all of the "projects" that were neglected while I was training for the Burning River 100 race. So far the deck has been stained, window trim painted, shutters painted, and office closet cleaned out. There are still lots of things on the list remaining and we are slowly getting them checked off.

Fall has arrived with the flurry of school activities. Abby's XC season will complete next week and since the football team is doing well, Marching Band will probably stretch long into the post-season. Denise will participate in her 5th Columbus Marathon this weekend and we are all looking forward to cheering her on and to see how the day unfolds for her.

I am in a maintenance-mode of running with a few random bouts of 'stress-relief' running thrown in. Speaking of stress relief, the company that I work for has been acquired and the close of the deal should occur in December. Merry Christmas... I think it is a good thing. At least the indications and statements made so far seem positive for our engineering group. But of course, the devil is in the details... I just have to keep remembering the end section of my last post regarding things I can control, and things that I cannot control... It seems that I have to keep relearning this lesson...

No comments: