Friday, April 4, 2008

Daddy/Daughter Cake Bake

Abby's girls group at church had their Daddy/Daughter Cake bake wednesday evening. This photo was of Abby and I after we completed our "campfire cake". We baked it tuesday evening and put the finishing touches on before we left wednesday evening.

Abby found the recipe on Family Fun Magazine's web site and at first, I honestly thought it was not going to turn out very good. We baked a practice cake sunday evening and I was very suprised at how well it turned out and how real the logs looked!

Pound cake logs, chocolate icing with grooves from a fork make the bark. The ends of the logs are white icing with a bit of chocolate icing mixed in to make tan. The 'embers' are chocolate donut holes sprinkled with powdered sugar. The flames were made from fruit roll-ups.

It was a lot of fun spending time with Abby baking. She usually helps me make risotto or helps me bake a cheesecake, so the kitchen thing is not new. What was nice however was that she picked the project this time and we had a blast!

Crazy week as usual. It seems that both Denise and I were constantly on the go, each of us different directions. The weather is getting warmer and Denise has a 17 mile run planned for tomorrow and I am running the "Fool's FA 50K" sunday. It is supposed to be near 60 degrees sunday and sunny!!!! Hello sunburn.... I will need to apply sunscreen for the 6 or so hours that I expect to be running. But, it will feel oh so good to sweat because of the heat!!!

A final close-up picture to close.





No comments: