Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Gas in the Tank

No, this will not be a rant about the price of gasoline, but about my recovery from sunday's 41 miles.

My legs yesterday felt ok, tired, but ok. My new shoes arrived in the mail yesterday so I thought that I would try a short run to keep my legs moving. Well, this was the slowest 3.6 miles ever. I just had no zip, energy, whatever. I guess that I should not have been suprised and I should have expected it. I stretched a bit, helped Denise clean out some flower beds and settled in for the night.

This morning was another beautiful morning so of course, I had to run. Today's run felt much better. Legs are still tired, but at least I could run, not fast, but I could move! I left the watch at home and just enjoyed the sunrise and birds and peepers singing "Good Morning!"

Now, time to get to the dentist office... (I think that I would rather run again.. :) )

Gina is getting her braces removed this morning and she is obviously very very excited! It will be great to see her smile tonight!!!

No comments: