Sunday, April 13, 2008

Too much?

Well, I think that I have done it now.... My left leg has been a bit touchy all week from last week's huge milage. I ran the last half of Denise's 18 miler with her yesterday and the leg now has a dull ache in the front/side of the shin. The ache does move around, depending upon what I am doing so I am fairly sure that it is just some over-use, muscular thing going on. I am stretching and icing, which is helping, but, I JUST WANT TO RUN! Ok, calm down, relax... August is still a ways off, there is plenty of time. I will settle for some cross training this week instead of ramping the milage up again.

Abby and I have decided to participate in the Medina Ice Cream Odyssey bike ride this summer. It happens to be the same day as the Summer Buckeye Trail 50K. I think that spending 50 miles on the tandem with Abby will be much more fun that running 50K on the trails with 150 other people. I might just run the trails the next day instead. I was able to take the kiddy-cranks off of the tandem this year since Abby's legs extended themselves during the winter! She is really growing as of late and is quickly becoming quite the young lady. It is all happening MUCH too fast...

Denise and I watched the ' Last Lecture' this week. Daine Sawyer interviewed a guy named Randy Pausch. Randy is a Professor at Carnegie Mellon and was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. He gave a "Last Lecture" that summarized his childhood dreams, accomplishments, and life philosophy. I then watched the complete lecture friday evening. He is a brilliant and amazing person. This 100 minute lecture contains so many valuable nuggets of wisdom. One minute you are laughing, the next wiping tears. Pretty cool guy. It is very much worth the time to view. Here is a link to the presentation:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5700431505846055184

No comments: