Sunday, October 12, 2008

Perkins/Riding Run trail and "crunchy" french fries

We took a family hike yesterday on the Perkins and Riding Run trail. in the valley. We parked at the covered bridge and enjoyed the 4 mile hike through the fall colors in the valley. The girls enjoyed the 'strange' oak tree with all of the branches sticking out every which way on the Riding run trail. They said it looked a bit like the Whumping willow from Harry Potter! It was nice to see this trail again since the last time I was here was at 2am during the Burning River 100.

After the hike we stopped at Slazys farm market for some fresh produce and then to the Winking Lizard for dinner. We were pretty hungry after being outside in the fresh air and I was biting into a steak-fry and noticed that it seemed a bit 'crunchy'. One of my right molars decided to fall apart! A nice piece had chipped off, explaining why my tooth has been a bit sensitive the past couple of weeks... So I get to make an unplanned trip to the dentist; not one of my favorite places to go.

I had a great 9 mile run yesterday before our hike and another 4 miles today. It was a perfect weather weekend and one that the whole family was able to enjoy!

Next stop: Columbus Marathon! This will be Denise's third time for this race and 7th marathon overall. We are all looking forward to putting on our Buckeye's Best!

No comments: