Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Columbus Marathon Weekend

Denise's 3rd Columbus marathon is in the books! She had an awesome day with a 3:58:01 finish, giving her another sub-4-hour finish. A well-executed race by her and she had smiles all day long! It was fun to meet her at various points along the course and to see a LOT of vertical runner shirts and jerseys. I always come away from that race wishing that I was running it too. Denise's master plan is to run this race 10 years in a row and have Gina and Abby run the 10th one with her. That will be fun!!!

My running however has been very hit and miss, with more miss than hit. I am trying to keep consistent with at least 3 runs per week, but am honestly having a motivation problem.. The cooler temperatures are great and the fall colors are also a nice change, it is just the problem of getting home from work and sunset is a mere 20 minutes later... I guess I need to become "one with my headlamp" again..

Gina had her last cross-country meet last night and she finished her season with a PR. Perfect way to end her first year of cross-country. It was fun to watch her get better each week and to enjoy running more and more.

Forrest is back to his poor night sleeping and as a result, Denise and I are also not sleeping well. We are about to resort to the radio up loud and ear-plugs so we cannot hear him barking... Tell me again why we have him??? Actually he is a great dog, just high need. As a rescue dog, we expected this, but the rewards of having him as part of our family is well worth a few sleepless nights... Besides, sleep is over-rated anyways...

No comments: