Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Down and out!

Last week I was fighting a cold. It was not too bad and then friday morning, I felt a slight twinge in my back as I stood up from tying my shoes. I did not think much about it until later in the day when it became more and more difficult to stand straight.

Saturday morning it felt ok until I coughed! Something happened and I was down. I like to think that I have a fairly good tolerance for pain, but this was different. As long as I sit, or stand with a bend at my waist, I am ok.

Urgent care visit sunday after no relief and I have an "Acute sprain of the lower back". geesh,I knew I needed to do more core work, but this is rediculous... The meds are working pretty good but it is questionable if I am going to be able to run the BT50K this weekend. I am bummed... We finally have the weather that I was hoping for this race and I may not be able to enjoy it!

No comments: