Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I've got to start carrying a camera!

Monday evening, I met up with "The King" again. He is this awesome 10-point buck that hangs around the parks in Twinsburg where I run. I was running near the treatment plant and I noticed him ~10yds away on the grassy rise. I stopped running and my headlamp illuminated him pretty good and he froze in the light. We looked at each other for about 30 seconds before I clapped my hands together and he bounded away in a flash! Very majestic and beautiful...

I resorted to the dreadmill last night and tonight after work since I don't like ice... It is a different kind of running/workout and I guess that I could get used to it, but I prefer the outdoors much more.

I will probably stay indoors this week in an effort to get over this cold... It figures, the week before the race and I get sick. Oh well, I just consider it a forced taper... If I only had the training to taper from... :)

I have no expectations for the 50k next weekend: I just want to enjoy the time in the woods and have fun, at least as much fun as 6-7 hours of running can be! The weather looks to be cool next week so the mud should freeze and the trails may be in good shape.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Make sure you have spikes or screwed shoes, the trail is icy. It will be much more enjoyable without all the falling!