Tuesday, June 10, 2008

8 and 2

It was still hot yesterday for my 4 mile run. I wanted to try a run/walk strategy for Burning River and thought that a 8 minute run 2 minute walk pattern would be good. JP was asking questions about my plans and I realized that I had none... There is no way a 'normal' person can run an entire 100 miles, so some walking will be involved. The question is how much and when...

We did a lot of run/walk sets saturday night and I felt pretty good. So, I set my interval timers on my watch for 8 and 2 minutes. At the end of the run, my time was comperable with my other runs on the same course and I felt great, even with the heat! So I think that I am on to a plan regarding pacing. Run for 8 minutes, walk any and all uphill sections, and walk for 2 minutes.

I went to South Chagrin metro park after work today and ran the 7 mile loop from Harper Ridge to Miles road and back. There is a great hill here and it felt good to run this section again. I was able to "even split" the run, which is pretty good considering that the first half is downhill. (Even split is where the second half of the run takes the same amount of time as the first half.)

Great day overall. Muddy trails tomorrow morning!

No comments: