Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Best 30 minutes

I started today with a 4 mile run on the bike path. I felt ok and was suprised at how fast I was running. My legs are sore from the hills in South Chagrin and that actually feels nice. It means that I worked them a bit...

Gina suprised me tonight by asking me if I wanted to run with her. Of course I said yes and off we went into the woods. It was the best 30 minutes of my day! We just ran, chatting about our day, and laughing about the silly things that happened. Gina has really improved in her running and is really excited about Cross-country this fall. She stated a goal of hers to me for this fall and I think that she will make it! It is hard to believe that she is almost 13 years old!!! What am amazing experience this has been.

Abby decided that we will ride the 25 mile loop for the Ice Cream Odyssey ride in July. We have not been riding enough for the 42 miles. We will still get ice cream, that is all that matters. She thinks that we need to ride to the Ben and Jerry's store in Chagrin Falls to train for this ride. I have to agree witb her. You just can't jump right into bicycling and eating ice cream!! This takes practice! :)

No comments: