Sunday, November 2, 2008

Back!

There is nothing like a race looming on the horizon to get you motivated to train! I printed out a training plan from the Santa Clarita Runners web site and realized that I am a week behind plan for the Winter Buckeye Trail 50K! I am not too worried since I have been running a little, just not structured.

I sent an email to JP and Kirk earlier in the week and they were able to meet me yesterday at Boston Store for a nice run on the course. The weather was perfect and enough leaves have fallen from the trees to hide most of the roots. Each of us kicked several and had some near stumbles as we enjoyed the trails.

Denise and I went out this afternoon for what was supposed to be an easy 4 miles but turned into a bit more. She wanted to investigate the new trail and the construction crew had bulldozed the path for final grading. Unfortunately, this left the trail very muddy and sloppy. This in combination with the leaves on the trail/mud made for a less than desirable experience for Denise. We opted to return home via the sidewalks and bike path. A good run nonetheless, but not what we originally planned.

The rest of the weekend was spent visiting with my parents and getting some of the outdoor furniture put away for the season. It was a good summer and it passed by quickly. I hope that the winter does also.

Congrats goes out to Nick for completing the Mountain Masochist 50 mile run. This race is on my "To-do" list!

1 comment:

Nick B said...

Thanks, Jerry! Definately a "once-in-a-lifetime" event to do...and I mean ONCE!!! See you in January...or hopefully sooner! (hint: WaterFalls Trail Run on the last Saturday of the year???)