Saturday, November 29, 2008

Don't kick the snowball.

Denise and I took a nice 4 mile run thursday morning after we put the turkey in the oven. We were running along the bike path and there was a snowball in the middle of the path, all by itself, just screaming to be punted into the woods... So, I did, or at least tried to...

It was actually a baseball-sized chunk of ice frozen to the surface of the path! I almost executed a face-plant right there as I tripped! Needless to say, Denise got a real 'kick' out of this and chuckled for a while afterwards...

Kirk and I met with the VR group at Happy Days yesterday. We started with the 7:30am group for a 3 mile warmup on the Boston Run trail and then off at 8am to the Ledges. Kirk and I wanted to run the Fool's FA 50K course and left the group after the Pine Grove section as we continued to Kendall Lake/Hills.

The trails were in great condition and it was a nice morning to be out. Both Kirk and I consumed way too much turkey thursday and felt pretty flat. We still ended up with a good 15.75 mile run.

Started setting up the Christmas decorations. It will be here before we know it!

No comments: