Sunday, November 9, 2008

Touring Twinsburg...

First of all, where did last week go?

Kirk and I met yesterday for an early-morning running tour of Twinsburg. We started at the Glenwood end of the bike path and ran the trails to Post Road. We then went exploring on the new path to check the construction progress and it is looking great! A short run down Rt 91 to the railroad tracks and up Canon Road hill. We both commented that was just as hard running up this hill as it is biking up!

A run down the gas line at Liberty Road to the ledges behind the park. A short bushwhacking excursion back to the baseball fields and then a nice trip around the perimeter of the fields across from Blue Jay farm. Back along Post road to the trail head at the park. Down the hill, across the tracks, and back to Glenwood where we started 2 hours earlier!

Nice morning for a run! I had not run behind Liberty Park since last winter and it was nice to go back. Kirk had never been back there so it was fun to share some new trails with him.

Denise and I ran together this afternoon. She went 6, I went up the hill, after a pit-stop, to CVS for 7.4 total. Let's just say I almost had a "Paul moment!" Paul knows what I mean...

Gina had a swim meet this weekend and managed to drop some time in 4 of 5 events! This is awesome considering that she is just now getting back in the water after cross-country. She was pretty happy and has some additional motivation for practices.

I purchased a bike lift to hang the tandem from the garage ceiling. It has two sets of hooks, one for the handlebars and one for the seat, and a rope with a pulley system that you can pull and suspend your bike. The tandem just makes it under the 50# weight limit. I installed some safety ropes as a back up, just in case. I don't want our bike crashing down! That would not be a good thing...

As a result of getting the bike suspended, and some other cleanup in the garage, I think that I can get BOTH cars in! It would be a tight squeeze, but possible. I probably will not take advantage of it, but it is nice to know .

I am glad the election is over. (No more phone calls or campaign commercials) It was exciting the see the evening unfold and to see the turnout of voters. Now, if everyone will remain engaged in the process, something may actually change, instead of just talking about it... If not, well there is another election in two years for congress and four years for President.

No comments: