Sunday, March 7, 2010

The weekend we waited all winter for...

Sunshine, temperatures above 40 degrees, Whoo hoo!!!! Spring is getting close. I know that there is still a lot of winter weather left, but boy oh boy, it sure felt good to be outside these past two days!

I had a great 18 mile run early yesterday morning while the snow was still solid. I followed up this afternoon with 10 miles on the asphalt! The bike path was very crowded but I did not mind. It felt too good to be running with the sun beating down!

I finished the week with a total of 48 miles, my biggest week so far for the year! My ramp-up is going well and I am feeling good. Tired, but good. Next weekend will be busy with activities for Gina and Abby, which will make it challenging for me to squeeze in a 20 mile run. Maybe it is time for a night run???

This is probably the hardest part of training for endurance events: scheduling the workouts around 'life'. A supportive family, some creative scheduling, and lots of flexibility, helps. I have to give a shout-out to Denise, Gina, and Abby for tolerating my endorphin habit. Without your support, I would not be able to do this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awsome weekend! I got the shorts out, it felt so good. Fitting the training in is just one part of the fun!