Sunday, May 18, 2008

Aqua Running

I awoke this morning to the sound of rain hitting the roof. I wanted to run 10 today but really did not want to run in the rain. After a quick look at the weather map, I realized that if I wanted to run this morning, it would be in the rain.

I changed and started. As I entered the woods, there was not really a trail, it was a small creek with water flowing into the mud holes. Oh well, I just slopped through and had a blast!!! It was really fun and I got pretty muddy. It was funny, no one else was out enjoying this with me...hmmmm

The rain stopped after a while and I decided to stop at 8 miles. I did not want to go too far even though it felt good. As I returned home, I met Denise as she started her run. She asked "4 more?" I thought why not?! I ran in the grass along the bike path with Denise. It was wet, of course, but I was already pretty muddy so it did not matter. At one point, I stepped into a hole and created a huge splash. Again, big fun! Denise was not amused, but I was having a good time.

I completed 11.5 miles for the day. 46.5 miles total for the week, making this the biggest week since early April. It feels good to be back!

No comments: