Monday, May 26, 2008

Holiday Weekend

Memorial weekend is here and the temperatures are finally starting to climb back up to where they should be. I had to wear gloves friday morning for my run...40 degrees was a bit cool.

We gave Forrest a bath yesterday and he looks and smells a whole lot better! His fur always gets so fluffly after we dry him and he looks twice as large as normal! The medication that he is taking now is really working. He is starting to act like a much younger dog than he is.

Abby, Gina, and Kelly had a raucous water fight last evening and I then built a fire to help them 'warm-up'. The fact that there were s'mores too helped a lot! It was a perfect end to a perfect day for all of us!

I sit here typing, listening to the approaching thunderstorm, trying to keep Forrest calm. He is very thunder-phobic and will probably at any minute bolt for the "protection" of the upstairs shower... He is a funny boy..

I had a great running week. 47 miles total with a 25 mile run saturday followed with 10 miles with Paul yesterday! I completed a nice 6 this morning while the rest of the family was sleeping. I figured that I could run and then make pancakes with Abby when she wakes up. They are still asleep but the storm is close... Time to rescue Forrest!

No comments: