Monday, May 12, 2008

Rainy monday

Started today with a sloppy 4 miles before work. It was just raining hard enough to be raining, but again, not enough to get you totally soaked. Very enjoyable and I like getting the run out of the way early.

I felt very tired today at work. I slept well last night, it just seemed like a short night...Maybe Mother's Day took its toll on me with the stress of planning, preparing, and cleanup of 3 meals. How do you mothers do that day after day after day???

I returned home from work to find Denise and the girls frantically preparing for what might have been Gina's "first date". Her friend called to see if she wanted to run with him on the Bike path. Now what could make two parents who run happier than that? I was invited along as well as the dogs, to ensure that everything went well. The kids ran, and we walked behind, like two doting parents. I am not ready for this....

I want to run again tomorrow morning and am starting to plan saturday's long run already. I want to park at the covered bridge and run portions of the Burning River 100 course. There is a 6 mile segment to Pine Hollow, a 4.1 mile loop, and a 3.5 mile segment to O'Neil Woods. Total distance would be 23.1 miles, making for a nice run. Pace will be easy and I am going to post on both the VR web site and BR100 sites for some company. A lot of people will probably be running the Cleveland marathon this weekend, but maybe I can get someone to join me to help pass the miles.

No comments: