Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Early morning

I love the early morning! I finally got my behind out of bed this morning for a pre-work run. I left the house at 5:30am and ran as the day began. The woods were alive with birds of all shapes and sizes. Lots of cardinals and I heard an owl off in the woods on the other side of the rail tracks.

I was able to turn off my headlamp after a while and was able to enjoy the sun rise. I saw one person running on the bike path as I crossed for a connecting trail. I made it home in time to say goodbye to Gina as she walked to the bus. She said that someone on the bus was telling her about some crazy nut they saw running one morning with a headlamp on. Gina did not say that it was probably me...

I took the girls out shopping tonight. It is always an adventure with them as I listen to the pre-teen jabber and with Gina constantly changing the radio stations. We had a nice time out together. I need to do these trips more often.

We are preparing the mother's day menu. I will not say what it is since Denise will probably read this, but I can say that it has been fun planning with the girls. It will be a great day!

Another run tomorrow morning. Did I mention that I like the mornings?

No comments: