Sunday, March 2, 2008

Swim, Run, Sleep, Run

Swim:
Gina had Gold Champs yesterday at CSU and she dropped 4 seconds off of her 100 backstroke!!! Incredible race and I am so proud and happy for her. She works really hard in practice and it is good to see the efforts pay off for her!

Run:
I was supposed to do 20 miles saturday and 10 miles today, but due to scheduling issues, I flipped them. My friend Paul joined me for a bit over 6 of those 10 miles. I have to say that Paul still runs like a gazelle, even though he says that he is 'out of shape'. Those were some of the fastest 6 miles I have run in a while. I completed the 10 miles with a 7:48 avg pace... It was great to catch up with him. Paul was my main training partner for Ironman and I miss those "14-Hills" bike rides together.

Sleep:
After dinner, Denise and I laid on the bed to listen to a violin concerto together. I promptly fell asleep and the next thing I know is that it is 10pm!!! I changed out of my clothes into some pajamas and continued to sleep until 2am when Forrest started barking to be let out... Since I already had 8 hours of sleep, I went down stairs with him. (This was the most sleep that I have had in a long time and it felt pretty good!)

Run:
I completed my 20 miles today in just under 3 hours. It seemed like "National walk your dog day" on the bike path but I did not mind. It was boring doing laps but it was better than slogging through the snow or fighting the icy parkway paths.

Random thoughts:
Paul asked me how my body was holding up to the training. I am tired, but I feel pretty good. It is the mental part that is getting to me. I am tired of the cold and wind. The work project is getting crazier and crazier. This time of year is always tough. It seems like "Yippee! We made it through February!" But there are those "10 weeks" of March to get through before Spring really arrives. (Along with the mud!!)

But, I have lots to be thankful for:
A great wife
Two great daughters
I am healthy
I am able to enjoy running in the crazy weather that NE Ohio throws out!

All in all, I guess that I cannot/should not complain.

No comments: