Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Chatting with Tanya

I took Gina to swim team practice monday night and planned on completing an 8 mile run while she swam. Much to my surprise, Tanya Cady was life-guarding at the pool and I started to ask her training questions regarding 100 mile events as I waited for Gina to get into the pool. Practice started and I then started my run.

After I finished, I continued my discussions with Tanya about all sorts of stuff. She offered lots of advice about drop bag preparation, aid station protocol, (ie, how to get in and out quickly), how to handle the bugs at night, (I did not even think about this one!) what kinds of food to eat, how many shoes to use, sock changes, etc, etc, etc....

She has so much experience with these events and so willing to share with others! A very enjoyable evening...

Now that I have taken my rest days this week already, I need to get back into the woods. We had lots of snow last night so the trails will be more challenging than usual. Forget about distance, we'll just go for 'time-on-feet'.

No comments: