Friday, February 15, 2008

Good Medicine

Work has been getting to me lately and I had the perfect antidote: A night run through the trees and fields. I left the house at 6:30pm and headed to the park. I went into the woods where I followed some ATV tracks to Post Road. Down Post Road's snow-covered sidewalks to the park lands at Liberty Road. There are some 'trails' through the fields that connect several gas wells. I followed some icy truck tracks to the back corner of the field.

I stopped for a bit to enjoy the quiet and stillness of the evening. The moon was shining through the milky overcast clouds. Although the moon was only half full, it was bright enough, making my headlamp redundant.

I needed to get back home before Denise and Gina returned from swimming so I retraced my tracks, literally, home. My headlamp illuminated my footprints in the snow with a bluish, white glow that was pretty cool to see.

Returned home feeling much much better about things...

No comments: