Saturday, February 23, 2008

Robert Frost Night run...





The picture is of me after my 20.3 mile run last night. The clock on the coffee maker says 11:56pm. I just made it before midnight!



Our schedule this weekend is crazy and if I wanted to get a long run in, it had to be friday night after work, after karate. So I left the house and started down the bike path. It was a quiet evening; a biting NE wind and a few random snow flakes falling down. I did not see anyone else out running...hmmmm



However I did see a coyote cross the bike path at 16 miles... He was alone and we stared at each other from about 30 yds apart. His eyes glowed bright with the reflection of my headlamp. I clapped my hands together and off he went. No deer or other wildlife sightings...



Denise was still awake when I completed my run. She went to bed while I showered and stretched a bit. I got chilled and shivering, I buried myself into my blankets and quickley fell into a deep exercise-induced coma... Great training run to experience the night time after a long day...



Oh yea, the "Robert Frost" reference. Remember his poem, "Stopping by Woods on a snowy evening"? The last stanza was very very appropriate:



The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

No comments: