Sunday, February 10, 2008

"There is no such thing as bad weather...

only inadequate clothing"... This was a quote that I read on the Ultra list and it sums up today's run pretty well. It is cold, windy, snowy, and some would say nasty weather today.

I wanted to run today but the thought of sub-zero wind chills and ice on the path did not sound too good. I thought, well, let's just get out for 4 to see what it is like. I layered up, put on my face mask from the Buckeye Trail race, and headed out. To my suprise, it wasn't too bad. I made some adjustments to my mask as I ran down the street in an effort to stop my glasses from fogging up. As I turned the corner a gust of wind hit me and stopped me in my tracks!! Literally, it stopped me! I struggled to regain my motion and thought, oh boy, this is interesting.

Once I made it to the bike path, the trees helped to diffuse the wind and when the sun came out, it was almost balmy. not quite, but almost... I was warmed up and feeling pretty good. I stopped to call Denise to tell her that I was going for 6 miles instead of 4.

Great run. The neighbors probably think I am nuts, if they don't already think so...

No comments: