Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A different kind of training...

Gina is at camp. Denise and Abby are in NY visiting Denise's parents for a few days. So I took this opportunity for some guilt-free running. This is where I get to run as far and as much as I want because no one is home. Sunday, I ran two sections of the BR100 course:
  • Station Road to Carriage Trail and back.
  • Station Road to Ottawa Point and back.
20 miles total. I only got lost once when the Buckeye Trail took off from Riverview road. Lots of high grass and weeds hid the trail quite well. In fact, I almost fell into a small ditch and then almost smashed into a fallen log. The grass was covering these obstacles and I did not see them until the last moment. Once I got out of the weeds, I missed a trail marker and wandered for a few minutes before I found the trail again. I simply retraced my path from Ottawa Point to Station road to complete my day.

Monday evening I ran an hour after dark for some night training. I discovered that the new trail near our house has started construction and so I followed it a bit to see the progress. It is going to be very nice when completed!

I have been staying up way later than normal. As long as I keep active and doing something, I don't really feel tired. It is when I stop and relax, then it is "night-night" time... So the plan for race day is that: "Keep moving!" I know that a well timed cup of coffee or hit of Mountain Dew will help me stay awake also.

Tonight, I applied the first coat of stain onto the deck. My hand is sore from holding the brush for 2 hours. Tomorrow night, coat #2. The weather this week is fabulous with sunny days and no rain. Perfect opportunity to let the deck dry between coats.

I am so glad that Denise and Abby will return home tomorrow night. It is too quiet around here...

No comments: