Thursday, July 31, 2008

Scared silly

I do not think that I have ever been so anxious before an event as I am now. I am having race nightmares about going off course, losing my pacer, forgetting to eat, general pre-race anxiety. But this week seems to be horrible...

I have placed some links on the left side of the blog for "Burning River Race info" The webcast should be interesting and let everyone follow the race as it unfolds. 'Race' is probably not the right word for me, I just want to finish! My previous post contains a pace chart with estimated time of arrival at aid stations, depending upon my pace. I would like to run a 27-28 hour pace, but we will have to see how the day unfolds.

Weather. Well, depending upon when you look at the forecast, it is good and bad. I have stopped looking. It looks like it will be hot, humid, with a chance of rain. Typical summer day.

Goals for the weekend:
1) Finish
2) Stay out of the hospital
3) Finish under 30 hours
4) Enjoy the experience because there will not be a "next time"...

Things remaining to do: Pack drop bags. I have all of my stuff, or at least everything that I plan on taking, I just need to organize it into piles for each aid station.

Just start running...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jerry, you are prepared. There is no need to worry. I think you are more anxious to simply get started and the waiting is agony. I know you will finish!

...dave rose

kgibbon1 said...

Jerry....we are so proud of you and this HUGE accomplishment! You are amazing to us. We followed along the whole race via webcast. YOU DID GREAT! the Gibbons