Thursday, July 10, 2008

Feeling the heat!

I decided to try and run this week during my lunch break in order to start to get used to the heat. Tuesday was my first and it was 86 degrees with a Heat index of 95! Perfect! I took a nice 6 mile run on the Parkway to Richmond Road and back. It was pretty hot in the sun but I was suprised that I felt as good as I did. I am slowly realizing that it is yet another mental battle that I must face regarding hot weather. I can handle it, I just need to go slow and not get all 'hot and bothered'!!

I ran again today and it was much cooler, only about 80 degrees. I ran up to Harper Ridge shelter and back for another 6 miles. I ran w/Gina last night as she took me on a tour of her cross-country course at the school and then I ran home from there for another 5 miles. Shorter distances this week.

I am volunteering at the Muddy Paws race saturday morning. It will be nice to be on the 'other-side' of an event. Only a few short weeks left before the race... I am getting anxious.

My birthday is today and we are about to dive into a blueberry cheesecake! I can't wait...

No comments: