Sunday, January 20, 2008

In search of Wii

Denise and I thought that a Wii would be a great Christmas gift for our daughters this year and by the time we decided this, several million other people had the same idea. I went to Circuit City at 8am the sunday before thanksgiving and was #80 in line... I had better things to do with my time so we decided to wait until after the new year.

When I read through the sale ads in this morning's Plain Dealer, I saw that Circuit City was advertising the Wii. At 6:30am, I decided that I would go over at 8am, wait the two hours until they open at 10am, and try my luck. Oh yeah, it was 5 degrees this morning with -10 degree wind chill...

I arrived to a partially filled parking lot. I parked and a man greeted me. He was the "unofficial" number passer-outer. I was number 13! It felt lucky today. He was passing numbers out so that we would not have to wait outside.

The manager arrived a little past 8am. We went inside the foyer of the store and queued up. At 8:30, he came out and said, "We have 10 units"... Suddenly 13 was not feeling so good. The first people in line arrived at 4am... Crazy...

I needed some more paint for Abby's room so off to Home Depot I go. While I was there, I thought that I would suprise Denise with a new kitchen sink! I returned home and Abby and I started in with the sink replacement. 2 more trips to Home Depot later, and we have a new sink installed. Denise was thrilled.

I taped off the trim and completed the stripes in Abby's room. All that remains is to apply the border.

This past weekend was a classic case of "needing to go back to work to recover."

Summary:
12 mile run. 1:35:50 ( See the earlier trash talk post )
painted Abby's bedroom
Replaced the kitchen sink

Top that Joe!! :)

Weekly run total: 30 miles.

Next saturday: Buckeye Trail 50K.

No comments: