Thursday, January 10, 2008

Lunch-time running

I chose a great day yesterday to take a break from running. We had some very high winds and storms blow through tuesday evening, making for a very poor night of rest. Also the wind was still howling wednesday morning. My legs needed a break and that is what I did.

I took a lunch break today, instead of working through as usual, and completed 6 miles through the metro park. It was sunny, cool, a slight breeze, about as good as it gets. I brought my wind pants to wear but decided to just go with shorts, long sleeve polypro, and a fleece vest. It felt very good to get out of the office a burn off some stress. (I should have kept running...)

The return trip against the wind was a bit chilly, but my legs were warmed up and it felt really good to be outside.

The last long training run this weekend before the Winter BT50K. As usual, I am stymied on where to run. Bedford reservation seems to be calling my name. Maybe a couple of laps on the bridle trails are in order. They will not be as muddy...

One more day closer to spring...

No comments: