Thursday, January 17, 2008

Trash Talk

I usually send an email out on thursdays in an effort to recruit running partners for saturday's long run. Since I have a shorter run this weekend, I thought that I would mess with Joe a bit.

Marty and I work with Joe. He is a great guy and Marty and I both agree that he would be the last person on our team that would actually go for a run. So below are some emails that were flying around today:

My original email:
All,

Since Joe refuses to run with me and I am in taper mode, there will be no trail run this weekend...Send all replies/complaints to Joe. ( email address above!! )


Actually I have a 'short' 12 miles planned early saturday morning. I will run two laps of a street/bike path course in my neighborhood in Twinsburg. I will start early ( ~6am) so that I can get Abby's bedroom painted afterwards... I also want to push the pace a bit since it is a shorter run. ( <=8 min/mile pace ) Anyone is welcome to join me. Let me know and I can give you directions and more info... Oh yeah, the weather looks to be 'interesting'... :)


Then Joe replied with this:


Don't let Jerry fool you, this weekend I'm planning to run 20 miles, paint 3 bedrooms, build an addition on the house, audition for American Idol, and write a novel.

Anyone is welcome to join me.

Joe


To which Marty replied:


You're both slackers. While you're "resting" this weekend I'll be out doing a 50 mile sprint to train for the upcoming run-around-lake-erie and then building a house. Since that leaves Sunday wide open, I'm planning on running some errands for the UN; I guess there is some Isreal/Palistine issue they need some help with.

Marty


This made for some fun hallway conversations today and helped to brighten at least my day!

No comments: