Monday, January 7, 2008

Jan 7th???

Are we in the southern hemisphere? We have 60 degrees today which made this morning's 4 mile run very warm and enjoyable. My legs are feeling the effects of this past weekend's efforts and I am looking forward to a rest day tomorrow to recover a bit.

I feel pretty good about my training for the Winter Buckeye Trail 50K and as always, the weather will be the wild-card. I will do the entire 50K this year and have fun doing it! I am considering leaving my watch in the car or at home, and just enjoy the day. We will see. I have a feeling the engineer in me will win and want the numbers from the watch to use for some future purpose! I can use the watch to ensure that I do not go out too fast!

The 100 mile distance is hitting me like the Ironman distance. It scares the hooey out of me! Even after completing two Ironman events, I still cannot think of the entire event in one piece. I have to break it up into smaller chucks. This is what I am going to do for the Burning River. I will run from one aid station to the next, until I run out of aid stations! Like the classic question of "How do you eat an elephant?". My version is:

"How do you run 100 miles?" "One step at a time..."

No comments: