Sunday, January 13, 2008

Running in a snow globe

I followed up yesterday's 24 miles run with a wet and soggy 7.1 miles. The weather here in NE Ohio has reverted back to the normal "if you don't like the weather, wait a minute because it will change" mode. There was a mix of rain, then sleet, then wet snow, then rain/snow mix; all within my hour long run!

I had a total of 47 miles this week and I will start to taper a bit for the Winter BT50K race on the 26th of January. I hope that the ground freezes by then so that we do not have to run/slide in the mud. The other extreme would be 10 degress and a foot or two of snow. I guess we do not have any control over the weather, we can only control our responses/attitudes toward it. Regardless of the weather a day may bring, it is a great experience to be outdoors, breathing deep the fresh air, and enjoying the feeling of a run completed.

No comments: